Terms & Conditions for Memex Premium Services and Crowdfunding
By using worldbrain.io, Memex and any service/product offered by WorldBrain.io, you agree to the terms below.
§1 General Terms
1. Hi, we’re WorldBrain.io and welcome you! We’re happy to have you here and we hope you enjoy your stay. When we say ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘WorldBrain.io’ it’s because that’s who we are and steward Memex and WorldBrain.io related sites.
2. WorldBrain’s current and future ecosystem of digital tools and communities aims to facilitate meaningful, respectful, inclusive and enriching knowledge-exchange between diverse people around the world. When you create an account and accept these terms you become a member of our community. You will have an WorldBrain.io account that will allow you to support upcoming features, upgrade your Memex, and engage with a community in the make Memex a better tool for its users.
3. During your time with us you agree to follow the ground rules outlined in these terms so please read and understand them. If you don’t accept the terms then we’ll be sad, but you will need to leave because your presence on and use of the WorldBrain.io sites is conditional on your acceptance to be bound by these terms.
4. If through any reason (e.g. malfunction or loophole) the enforcement of these terms is not possible or failing, we reserve the right to enforce those terms in retrospect.
1. With our community we strive to facilitate meaningful, respectful, inclusive and enriching knowledge-exchange between diverse people around the world.
2. We are dedicated to providing a harassment-free learning experience for everyone, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion. We do not tolerate harassment of participants in any form.
3. In our communities we expect emotional and heated discussions to happen and ask all participants to keep those discussions civil and respectful, regardless of the degree of disagreement.
By participating in discussions you agree to those values and call out harmful behaviour either privately or if necessary also publicly.
4. Keep in mind: Unchecked assumptions about a person’s intentions is the root of all derailed discourse. Ask first, then make your judgement, and try to be mindful about the fact that most people don’t have bad intentions. Talk to the good person.
§3 Memex Credits
1. When you place money to buy Memex Credits it is converted by your financial institution from your currency to Euros. We then convert those Euros to Memex credits. One (1) Memex Credit is equal to one (1) Euro.
2. Memex Credits can only be used to pay for Memex Premium upgrades, support crowdfunding initiatives on WorldBrain.io and to send to other users in the network.
3. Currency conversion costs: You are responsible for all costs of currency conversion relating to a transaction on WorldBrain.io. Your financial institution does the currency conversion and may charge you additional fees (we don’t control either the conversion rates or your financial institution’s fees). This means that you may incur additional costs when purchasing from WorldBrain.io, which we have no control over
§4 Crowdfunding and Rewards
1. When participating in a crowdfunding initiative, the Memex Credits you earn as a reward cannot be paid out in fiat currency. They are solely retrievable in the form of Memex Credits
2. When participating in a crowdfunding initiative, the Memex Credits you earn as a reward cannot be used to participate in other crowdfunding initiatives. For that you have to load new funds in your Memex Credit account.
3. In case we fail to deliver the project you backed, or do not deliver a usable feature after 9 months, you will get your reward nevertheless.
4. Contributing to crowdfunding projects is limited to 500€ per user and year
5. Rewarded Memex Credits can be used to send to other users. They can also only those Credits to acquire premium upgrades, not to fund new crowdfunding initiatives.
1. We do not perform any cash refunds of Memex Credits that have already been used to pay for services or to participate in the crowdfunding of upcoming features. Such refunds are made in Memex Credits.
2. In case we fail to deliver the project you backed, or do not deliver a usable feature after 9 months, you will get your reward nevertheless. No cash refund is possible.
3. Refunds on crowdfunded projects are generally not possible. Once you spend money on such a project you agree to these terms and that your funds are locked in until your reward is paid out in Memex Credits.
4. Cash refunds are only possible on unused Memex Credits. Payment fees are not refundable.
We highly value your privacy and data ownership. It’s at the core of our DNA and vision for the world.
1. If not otherwise possible to provide the relevant services, all data stays on your computer/phone.
2. If we need to store personal data on our servers to provide services, at no point do we analyse it without strong consent, nor sell it or any analysis outcome to 3rd parties.
3. We do run anonymised analysis on usage behaviour in order to improve the user experience of Memex. At any time, you can opt-out of the anonymised behaviour analysis, and we do respect the “do not track” requests of our browser.
4. If we intend to do analysis on user related data, we will clearly communicate the extend and ask for your strong consent prior to any analysis.
§7 Other Terms
1. Termination: By violating these terms, we may terminate or suspend access to our Service immediately, without prior notice or liability.
All provisions of the Terms which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
2. Links To Other Web Sites: Our Service may contain links to third-party web sites or services that are not owned or controlled by WorldBrain.io. WorldBrain.io has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party web sites or services. You further acknowledge and agree that WorldBrain.io shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such web sites or services.
3. Changes: We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to modify or replace these Terms at any time. What constitutes a material change will be determined at our sole discretion.
4. Contact Us: If you have any questions about these Terms, please contact us: [email protected]